Thursday, January 15, 2009

February shows - cuz hipsters crave music

February has some really neat sounding shows coming up. If you're interested in checking any of them out with me, let me know! :)

DeVotchka at The Viper Room
I was actually surprised to see this band headlining a venue as intimate as The Viper Room since I'm pretty sure they can easily fill up something the size of The Fonda or maybe even The Wiltern. But lucky me, they are playing Viper Room. Their stuff is a bit more "calm and ambient" than my usual choices, but I'm willing to take a chance to see them live since they've been getting lots of great press for years...

Mon Feb 2, 2009
8:30pm
$25
The Viper Room
8852 W Sunset Blvd
West Hollywood, CA 90069
(310) 652-7869


Airborne Toxic Event at The Fonda
This one isn't happening for a while, but.... wow, these guys are really blowing up! I remember seeing them opening for the Fratellis just a few months ago, but now they are headlining their own show at the same theater! See one of LA's best local bands at this semi-small venue before they become the next Interpol. Of course, you could've also caught them performing live at Knotts Berry Farm over the December holidays :)

Thurs Feb 12, 2009
8pm
$17.50
Henry Fonda Theater
6126 Hollywood Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90028
(323) 464-0808

Andrew Bird at The Orpheum Theater
My first exposure to Andrew Bird was at the Hollywood Bowl in the summer of 07 when he opened for the Decemberists. This guy is a total nut job. And I love him for it. Expect a one-man brass ensemble, cosmic instrumentation.... well, don't expect anything, and you will be pleasantly surprised, if not quite entertained!

Wed Feb 18, 2009
8pm
$30 balc/$35 orch & mezz
Orpheum Theater
842 S. Broadway
Los Angeles, CA 90014
(877) 677-4386

No comments: